Relatives allege negligence, lodge police complaint

17 September, 2016

PUNE: A 36-year-old man's family members have alleged negligence on the part of the medical staff when he died soon after being administered an injection on Friday morning.

As of now, the Kothrud police has filed a case of accidental death.

The deceased, Satish Ankush Mohol, was a resident of Kelewadi on Paud road and had complained of a burning sensation in the chest following which he was rushed to Krishna hospital in the neighbourhood at around 6am on Friday. After examining him, the hospital staff administered an injection and prescribed antacids to him.

Then, Mohol went home and slept. Later, when a family member tried to wake him up at around 9am he didn't respond. His relatives immediately rushed him to Krishna hospital again at around 9.30am, where he was declared dead. Kothrud police station has registered a case of accidental death in this regard.

As per norms, Mohol's medical history, course of treatment and post-mortem report will be handed over to the state government committee at Sassoon General Hospital. After a thorough investigation, the expert committee will decide whether there is any medical negligence involved or not. Accordingly, the police, based on the committee's report, will initiate further action.

"My brother was physically fit and was into fitness and would exercise regularly. He died soon after being administered an injection for acidity. There is some human error and medical negligence involved here. We have filed a complaint with the Kothrud police station," said Yogesh Tanpure, Mohol's cousin.

Mohol worked at the Ranka Jewellers outlet on Baner road. "He was married and has two daughters and a son. He did not have any was not into bad habits. He lived a healthy life all through," Tanpure said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/Relatives-allege-negligence-lodge-police-complaint/articleshow/54372620.cms