Keonjhar: In an unfortunate incident at Ghuture Munda Sahi village under Sadar Police limits here, two sisters died of snake bite Monday night. While one of the siblings died at a locals hospital immediately after being admitted there on, the other passed away while being shifted to Cuttack.
According to reports, the victims siblings duo Pinki Munda and Rinki Munda were asleep in their Munda Sahi home late Monday night when a venomous snake bit and faded away. Parents of the kids, Madan Munda and Parbati Munda identified the snake to be a Krait immediately and realizing that that was a venomous one rushed the sisters duo to nearby hospital but one of them died under medication. As the hospital authorities allegedly delayed the shifting of the other to SCB medical in Cuttack, she died while being shifted to the 108 ambulance.
Notably, the parents of the victim duo has alleged that, the confusion on the part of the doctors regarding who should attend the snake bite patients led to the deaths. They claimed, the doctors took long to decide on treatment of their child.
On the other hand medical authorities of the concerned hospital have quashed the negligence allegations and have informed that, the second victim was being shifted to a 108 Ambulance from the pediatric ward when a casualty doctor checked her and declared dead. Whatever possible was done to save the lives of the kids, they added.